MAHONING VALLEY WELCOMING WEEK
Through Welcoming Week, organizations and communities bring together immigrants, refugees, and long-time residents to build strong connections and affirm the importance of welcoming and inclusive places in achieving collective prosperity.
At a time when political rhetoric has deepened divisions and the COVID-19 pandemic has renewed anti-immigrant sentiment, Welcoming Week reminds us to double down on our inclusive vision and find new ways to bring together people across lines of difference to develop greater understanding and mutual support.
Thrive Mahoning Valley is proud to be the Mahoning Valley planning organization for Welcoming Week.
Save the Date: September 10-19, 2021
Check out some of the photos from past Welcoming Week events!
Want to get involved during welcoming week? Here are a few ways to participate:
- Attend an official Welcoming Week event in 2020
- Use the hashtags #WelcomingWeek and #MVWelcoming on social media
- Show your support by adding our Welcoming Week social media profile photo frame
Facebook: Go to facebook.com/profilepicframes and search for Welcoming America
Twitter: Go to welcomi.ng/photofilter to add the frame to your profile photo
- Consider hosting an event for Welcoming Week in 2020
- Donate to Thrive Mahoning Valley. We’re a 501(c)3 nonprofit and your donation will be used to directly impact our welcoming initiatives here in the Mahoning Valley. Click here to donate
Have any questions about Thrive Mahoning Valley or Welcoming Week?